Tuesday, March 30, 2010

So, you know how I said I didn't think it was a good idea to change the focus of my non-fiction essay the day before it's due?

Well.

I did. I sat in the coffee shop across the street from campus for over two hours, just writing. I knew when I walked in the door that I wasn't happy with my rough draft, and I knew I had to change it. Ten pages later, it still needs some polishing, but I'm much more satisfied with the general product. Let's hope my professor thinks the same.

Speaking of writing - my English lit professor just sent out an email announcing the topics for our next paper. Our last paper was due before spring break, and with this essay due tomorrow and another course paper for my World lit class due on Friday, I'm definitely getting burnt out with writing and staring at computer screens. I guess that's what I signed up for when I chose an English major, but in my first year and a half of college I never wrote more than one paper per semester.

I need another spring break. But someone said the other day that there's only seven weeks left in the term (which is crazy), so maybe there's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment