Saturday, March 27, 2010

Man. Writing is hard.

For the past few hours I've been working on a creative non-fiction essay for my creative writing class. It needs to be seven to ten pages long, a rough draft is due Monday, and the final draft is due Wednesday.

Currently, I'm writing about my experiences in theatre, and what I've come to see as my coming of age as an actor in last semester's "The Dining Room." I hope that doesn't sound too melodramatic, but I really feel like last semester was extremely formative for me, and "The Dining Room" was definitely a part of that. I've been wanting to write about it more extensively; I wrote a reflection about the play last semester, which I turned into my first podcast, and I've been wanting to revisit the subject.

I've got four pages written, but I still don't feel like I've really started telling the story I want to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment