Thursday, March 11, 2010

Note to self: tofu, fried in olive oil with assorted spices, salt, and bread crumbs = pretty good. The bread crumbs are a little, well, crumby, but the extra flavor compensates for the extra mess.

I'm taking a study break from working on my first real paper of the semester, an English lit essay about marriage in Jane Austen's "Emma". It's only five to seven pages, and I need to use about three external sources, so my paper seems to be filling up rather nicely. I don't have a completed rough draft yet, though, and I need time to edit tonight before turning it in tomorrow. But I have hopes that it will all come together in the end.

For dinner I am enjoying the tofu (described above), as well as my equally doctored-up butternut squash soup from Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's has great food, but this soup is a little bland. I remedied it by chopping up two red-skin potatoes, part of an onion that Hannah didn't use for her guacamole the other day, sweet corn and garbanzo beans. It's so good now, I actually crave it throughout the day.

Add some flatbread with hummus and a cool glass of OJ, and this is a meal that can see me through the end of this paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment