Thursday, April 1, 2010

Diabetes Repair, I guess

Well, it finally happened.

As I'm sitting at my desk last night, getting ready to settle into working on a World Lit paper that's due tomorrow, I look down at my Macbook and notice a half-circle crack one on corner of it's white surface. The crack branches out and snakes its way almost all the way across the bottom of edge of my laptop, leaving a loose piece on one end that I can wobble easily.

I say "finally" because I have on a number of occasions dropped my backpack while my laptop was inside, or it's slid off of the seat and landed on the floor of my car with a thud while I was driving. Yesterday morning, as I was getting ready to go to my first class, I slung my backpack off of my shoulder and intended to set it gently on the tile floor. It slid out of my hand half-way there, though, and hit the floor, making me wince because I knew my laptop was inside. That impact must have done it, because I hadn't noticed these cracks before last night.

My mom isn't sure if my laptop is still covered under warranty. The only thing to do is take it into the Apple Store and see what can be done.

Sorry, little Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment