Friday, April 2, 2010

The Challenge

So often when I write, especially on my blogs, everything is "me, me, me". It's kind of hard for it not to be that way. Earlier I was writing in my creative writing journal, and I noticed how many times I use the word "I" or "me"; "I thought," "I said," "as I was doing this," etc., etc. Man, if I was someone else reading my journal, I'd probably get bored. After all, my day-to-day life isn't that fascinating.

For this challenge, I'm going to write exclusively in the third person for one week. This challenge applies to my blog only (though obviously not to this entry), excluding "Wedding Thoughts" (how would that work?).

I'm just tired of only thinking in one way, of only looking at the world and other people through my narrow lens. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. isn't that how you have described your blog? "a very young girls record of her own thoughts and impressions." My thoughts are that a blog is supposed to be very egocentric. It doesn't mean you're being selfish, if that's what you were thinking. its not like its a conversation with somebody and all you talked about was yourself.....
    but who am i to tell you what you can and can't do with your blog. though i am interested to see how this goes. :) Love always.

    ReplyDelete