Monday, November 30, 2009

The Last Leg

I hate the first day after break. I got back to school yesterday evening, but it feels like I just got back this morning.

I have a love-hate relationship with Thanksgiving break. I love it, because it's Thanksgiving break, and that means I'm home. I hate it, because it's just long enough to start feeling like I'm home again, but it's not long enough to see everyone I want to see, or to really settle in and relax.

This semester has been a good one, but right now I'm freaking out a little. The next two weeks are going to be dedicated to finals preparation. I have my don rags (Torrey final) a week earlier than normal because my mentor, Dr. Vincent, is due to have her baby at the end of the semester, and she didn't want to risk having her water break during finals. The downside is that I have even less time to re-transition back into school because I must immediately start prepping for don rags, but the upside is that I'll be done with my most stressful final a week early, which will probably be good; I'm getting a (bad) feeling that I'll have to study a fair amount for my music theory final.

Music theory has become a sort of thorn in my side. I'm the only one to blame; I just haven't put a lot of work into it this semester, partly because for the bulk of the last two months my time, thoughts and energy have been dedicated to "The Dining Room", and partly because I just don't really like music theory. At this point, I don't think I'm going to continue my music minor. All in all, I just don't have a lot of drive for it anymore.

I feel like the semester is basically over, but I still have to study hard and get ready for finals. My mind is racing; there's so much to do before the end of the semester.

While the play was going on, I let myself get a little lost in it. I let myself slack off a little on schoolwork, but I'm worried that it's going to come back and bite me.

I really need a few days of buffer in order to get my bearings; it's hard to just dive back into things. I can't believe how fast this semester has flown by. So much has happened, and there are so many more changes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment