Monday, December 14, 2009

All in a day's work

I think I've had a fairly productive evening.

I say "evening" because I didn't actually start any of my work until after the sun had gone down. I woke up late, showered, met a friend for lunch, said goodbye to said friend because today was his last day on campus, got coffee, bumped into another friend at the coffee shop, shot the breeze with second friend, went back to my dorm, proofread my fiance's paper for him, talked through my proofreading with fiance, AND THEN got my stuff together and drove to Starbucks to study.

Like I've mentioned before, my music theory final is in the morning, at 8:00. Yuck. If there's anything this class has taught me, it's that anything that happens before 9:00 in the morning might as well not happen at all.

Perhaps that's an unfair statement. Perhaps play rehearsals that run until midnight or later don't mix well with 8AM classes. Regardless, I think I would have learned a lot more about theory if the class had simply been held an hour later in the day. Oh well. The play was worth it.

I spent a good hour 1/2 or more reviewing theory, and I think I'm in pretty good standing for tomorrow. The stuff from the beginning of the term is basic, stuff I already knew; the stuff we just learned is still fresh in my mind; I went back and brushed up on the newer concepts from the middle, and all in all I feel fairly solid. I hope. After this I've got just one more final to go!

After studying, I went to Target and got some supplies for Christmas gifts I'm working on. Usually I'm pretty bad at gift-giving, but this year everything seems like it's falling nicely into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment