Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Brief Thought on Calvin (and other things)

I really need to write more. Life has been crazy with the play, and school, and just life stuff. It's getting to the point that I feel I'm going to burst from all the things filling up my heart and mind unless I write them down. Writing is such a wonderful release, such a wonderful way to articulate the things that swim around in my soul.

I'm reading Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion for Torrey right now. It's been a tough semester; with the play, I haven't had as much energy to focus on Torrey work, although everything has been really interesting. Interesting, but difficult. I think Jordan put it aptly when he said that he thinks I like everyone; that is, I'm pretty charitable toward almost any author I read. It's easy to get worked up over theology, especially when Calvin's in the mix, and maybe I'll feel differently when we actually get to his meatier, predestination stuff, but mostly I enjoy learning about what everyone has had to say about Christianity, and usually I can understand where they're coming from.

I want to write more, but I have to go to class. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment